The final webinar in the 2021 PA AV Summit Series, titled “Back Roads: Suburban & Rural Use Cases for Automated Vehicles,” was held Thursday, Aug. 12, from 2-3:30 p.m.
The sixth and final webinar in the 2021 PA AV Summit Series focused on equity of automated vehicle development and how automated vehicles can have positive impacts on rural and suburban areas. Automated vehicle development has thus far largely focused on urban environments, which present different safety and mobility problems from rural and suburban roads. This webinar explored how automated vehicles can be used to expand mobility in rural and suburban communities and solve the unique challenges these low-density environments present.
This webinar featured the following panelists:
- Moderator: Jill Hough, Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute
- Omar Ahmad, National Advanced Driving Simulator for the University of Iowa
- Ranjit Godavarthy, North Dakota State University
- David Kack, Montana State University’s Western Transportation Institute
- Amy Kessler, North Central Pennsylvania MPO